Don’t Miss the Middle School Musical: Twelve Dancing Princesses – Nov 17 & 18 at 7 PM

Back to Article
Back to Article

Carrie Miklus ‘24, Staff Writer

Are you excited for this year’s middle school musical? Well, you should be! This year, the middle school is performing The Twelve Dancing Princesses as our show. I, personally, am in it, and I love the experience. Make plans with friends for Friday or Saturday’s performances – 7 PM each night.

Members of the cast and people coming to watch it are very excited. Helen Olohan ‘24 said, “Being in the musical is so fun. I like hanging out with friends right after school, especially making our ‘Starbucks runs’ right after school.”

The show is about twelve princesses who love to dance. However, their father forbids them to dance because dancing reminds him of his wife, the queen, who is dead. Every night, the princesses go through a portal where they dance through the night. Their father does not know where they are going and is very worried. One day he decides to declare a proclamation. He announces that whoever finds out the secret will receive their heart’s desire and eight bags of gold. A person visits the next day, and his name is the Prince of Arrogahnz. He is unlucky, however, in figuring out the princesses’ secret. Then, a commoner comes, whose name is Matthew. On his way to the castle, he is stopped by the princess’ mother: a spirit. She gives him an invisibility cloak so that he will be able to follow the princesses.

I am not going to spoil anything, though, so I will not say more. You have to come to the show on Friday, November 17 at 7 PM and/or Saturday, November 18 at 7 PM! Admissions is free.

• Don’t Miss the Middle School Musical: Twelve Dancing Princesses – Nov 17 & 18 at 7 PM

Arts & Entertainment

Montrose Christmas Concert 2018: New Lessons & Carols Celebration

Arts & Entertainment

In Memory of Stan Lee: Marvel Superheroes with Humanity

Arts & Entertainment

Play Review: St Sebs Performs Great Expectations with two Montrosians in Lead Roles

Middle School Field Trips: Museum of Fine Arts & Isabella Stewart Gardner

Arts & Entertainment

Movie Review: Marvels Infinity Wars Part 1 – Marvel’s Crowning Movie

Arts & Entertainment

Broadway Theater Review: Anastasia

Arts & Entertainment

After the Final Rose

Arts & Entertainment

Justice for Timothée Chalamet

Arts & Entertainment

Snaps Abound at Montrose’s First Poetry Open Mic

Arts & Entertainment

2018 Oscars Predictions

The Student Newspaper for Montrose School.