Montrose Mavericks Varsity Basketball Honored by NEPSAC Post-Season Opportunity

Hannah Marino '18 with Maria Lennon '20, Co-Sports Editor & Assistant Sports Editor

The Montrose Varsity Basketball Team travelled to the Holderness School in Plymouth, New Hampshire to play in the quarterfinal game of the NEPSAC Class D Tournament. The Mavericks, although winning in the beginning of the game, lost the game after tenacious effort.  Travelling 2 hours to get to their game, the girls played with consistent effort and tenacity. Although they were playing against a harder opponent, the Mavs tried their best with battling multiple injuries on their team.

Player Mary McManmon ‘20 said: “We came out strong and our confidence was visible throughout the whole game. We hit a few bumps in the road but it’s not the score that counts but rather the effort that we put in.”

Athletic Director Ms Ruggieri added: “I’m very proud of our team this season. Not only did we make it to the IGC Championship, but to receive a bid to the New England Tournament helps elevate our athletic program to the next level. Yesterday we knew we were facing a very talented and experienced Holderness team. Their starting line up consisted of girls from all across the US and even one student from Lithuania. At the end of the day, the score does not matter to me. Our girls went out there and fought until the very last minute. They played with class, sportsmanship, and tenacity. It has been remarkable to see their growth over this season and I’m really excited to see what next season has in store for us!”

Congratulations to the Montrose Varsity Basketball Team on all their successes and efforts throughout their season!

• Montrose Mavericks Varsity Basketball Honored by NEPSAC Post-Season Opportunity

Montrose School

Upcoming Italy Trip: Juniors & Seniors Gear up to Follow in the Footsteps of Dante

Montrose School

Montrose Lacrosse Dominates League Rival Waring — In Contention for Shared IGC Championship

Faith

St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations in 2018

Montrose School

Dr. Kerry Cronin: From Boston College to Montrose!

AP Comp Sci Leads Montrose in an Hour of Code

Clubs & Classes

Middle Schoolers Share Christmas Traditions

Arts & Entertainment

Action, Fun, and Excitement in Marvel’s Thor Ragnarok

Montrosians Weigh in on New Spaces and Places

My Last First Day

Montrose Graduation 2017 & Full Texts of Valedictorian and Salutatorian Speeches

The Student Newspaper for Montrose School.