Friday Night (Dec 2nd) is Medfield Christmas along with Montrose Performers — Join the Fun!

Maddie Marcucci '19, Contributing Writer

On Friday December 2nd at 7 PM, Medfield turns on the switch for Christmas. The light display next to Noon Hill Grill, wreaths around town, bows on street lights provide many festive decorations in this little town of Medfield. The town offers many opportunities to get the citizens of Medfield cheerful and ready for Christmas. Later in the evening, the Montrose handbell ringers will perform. Also, try coming to the Angel Run complete with Montrose carolers, the Treblemakers, hot chocolate and candy canes along the way this on Sunday, December 4.

But the best night in Medfield is the Christmas Tree Lighting. This is held on the first Friday night in December. “It’s my favorite Medfield tradition because it brings all of the town together and really gets everyone in the Christmas spirit,” said Clare Melley ‘19. Stores offer sales and stay open late for holiday event.; Nosh and Grog even has gingerbread decorating in their restaurant.

After the treelight at around 7:00 p.m, the town gathers in the UCC for carols and special performances from various groups, including the Montrose handbells. The highlight of the night is when everyone gathers in the War Memorial Park, next to Noon Hill Grill. The lights on the huge pine tree are lit, as are the light displays over the park and train tracks.

During the lighting, there are featured performances from students at the Medfield Public Schools and some other singing groups. Kira Dharni ‘18 said, “It’s always a beautiful sight to be surrounded by Christmas lights and the people you love.” This night proves to be an extremely festive and unifying night for the town each year.

Montrosians are  honorary citizens of Medfield, so I encourage you to join us in the celebration of the Christmas season on December 2nd in Medfield Center!Montrose S

• Friday Night (Dec 2nd) is Medfield Christmas along with Montrose Performers — Join the Fun!

News

Movie Review: Unplanned

College Decisions Weighted by College Costs

News

Boston College ‘Dating Project’ Professor Kerry Cronin’s Teaches about True Friendship

Clubs & Classes

Montrose at Duxbury High Model UN Conference

Arts & Entertainment

Upper School Shines in A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Montrose School

Our Second Annual Day of Service: Another Success!

Interpreting Your PSAT’s with Mrs. Foley

Arts & Entertainment

In Memory of Stan Lee: Marvel Superheroes with Humanity

Arts & Entertainment

Play Review: St Sebs Performs Great Expectations with two Montrosians in Lead Roles

Montrose Sports

Varsity Cross Country Wins 4th and JV 5th in NEPSTA Division III Championship

The Student Newspaper for Montrose School.