Spring Sports Start Strong!

Montrose Lacrosse team.

Montrose Lacrosse team.

Montrose Lacrosse team.

Hannah Marino '18, Co-Sports Editor

This first week of April commenced the first games and meets for various spring sports at Montrose. The Varsity Lacrosse team played two games this week, one on Tuesday against Chauncy Hall Chapel Hill, and one on Wednesday against Cambridge School of Weston. They demonstrated excellent tenacity and courage as they played in the cold weather while rain poured down. With a score of 14-7 on Tuesday, the team celebrated their first win of their season. They carried their excitement with them as they played on Wednesday, beating Cambridge School of Weston by eight points. Isabel Buckley ‘18 exclaimed: “Both games were very exciting. It’s great to be back on the field after a long winter.” She continued: “I’m looking forward to the rest of our season and all that we will accomplish.”

Junior Therese Schickel ‘18 has been playing lacrosse for six years. She said, “The team is amazing. Even when we lose games, everyone is so supportive and encouraging of each other.”

Team player Regina Crevier ‘18 added, “This season, I am looking forward to building our team. Since we lost our five seniors from last year, we all are going to be putting in the best effort to make this season great again.” When asked about games, Regina added, “A major game I am looking forward to is our game against Waring, who we were co-champions with last year. We’re hoping to crush them this year!”

This Saturday, the Varsity Track and Field team participated in their first meet at Concord Academy. The team participated in various events against Landmark, Pingree, Middlesex, Concord, and Hyde schools. Many girls on the Montrose team tried numerous events, so they could decide which events to focus on in their future meets. One highlight of the meet was when Mary Dyke ‘20 came in first place for the high jump. Also, many of the middle school girls tried the long jump, which they proved to be very good at. The team is looking forward to their next meet on Tuesday at Notre Dame Academy.
Congratulations to both the Lacrosse and Track and Field Teams, and good luck to all the spring sports competing!

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Clubs & Classes

Senators-in-Training: Class of 2019 Visits Edward Kennedy Institute for the Senate

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

News

Student Government Elections: Inspirations and Tips for Success

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Montrose School

Upcoming Italy Trip: Juniors & Seniors Gear up to Follow in the Footsteps of Dante

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Montrose Sports

Spring Sports Banquet Honors 2017-18 Athletes while Planning for Montrose’s First Homecoming this Fall

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Montrosians on the Move

Younger Siblings at Montrose Say Goodbye to Older Sister Graduates

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Opinion

Montrose’s Spanish Exchange Students Return Home after 10-Week Visit

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

News

Seniors Bequeath Book Nook for Enrichment Reading through Service Project

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Montrose Sports

Eight Montrosians Compete at NEPSTA Championship

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Arts & Entertainment

Snaps Abound at Montrose’s First Poetry Open Mic

• Spring Sports Start Strong!

Montrose Profiles

Remembering Elizabeth Schickel through Service in Uganda

The Student Newspaper for Montrose School.
Spring Sports Start Strong!