Homecoming Highlights!

Erika Torok '22

Members of the senior class at the homecoming pep rally.

The Class of 2025 team upon the announcement of their victory in the relay. (Erika Torok ’22)

After going without Homecoming in 2020 due to the pandemic, we were all so excited to be able to have one this year. It definitely lived up to our expectations — this year’s Homecoming was a blast! We had four home games: soccer, volleyball, field hockey and cross country games (all  varsity). There was also a hot dog truck, ice cream truck, and a DJ with an awesome playlist! Before the evening part of Homecoming there was a pep rally, which happened right before school ended and included a relay race and each grade running through banners. In the relay race, each grade and the faculty chose five people from their class to participate. Out of the five people, one person was decorated as a maverick horse by the other four. The goal was to see who would finish first. The class of 2025 ended up winning the race.  Serena Yeighian ‘26 said: “The part I enjoyed most was when the whole school came together and competed against each other for the relay race.” 

After the pep rally ended, it was time for Homecoming to 

Grace Marino ’22 with the school flag at the pep rally. (Erika Torok ’22)

start! One of the big highlights of the night was the four sports home games. Soccer and volleyball were both at Montrose, and field hockey and cross country were at McCarthy Field. The games were very exciting yet nerve-wracking at the same time, but it was really fun to watch the varsity teams play. Annabella Kelly ‘27 added: “My favorite part of the night were sports games and the dance floor!” Anna Kocho ‘27 also commented: “My favorite events of the night were the sports! It was so much fun to be able to watch and support our teams!” 

All the current families arrived for the Mix, Mingle, and Marshmallows event in the evening. In the parking lot there were fire pits for making s’mores, a DJ playing music and a lot of Montrose families. The majority of people would agree that pretty much the biggest highlight of the evening was the dance party! If you were there at Homecoming, you probably heard and saw the loud and exciting energy coming

Students at the pep rally. (Leah Vaz ’27)

from the parking lot where all of the dancing was happening. As soon as the music started, almost everybody was on the dance floor singing and screaming to the music.Theresa Marcucci ’23 added that her favorite part of the night was “definitely the dance floor. It felt like every song that came on was iconic and it was a blast to dance with friends and bond as a class.” 

Some additional features Homecoming had to offer were the Beer Garden for adults and the Swag Station, which is where you could purchase Montrose swag items. Because Homecoming was new to a lot of people because of COVID, many students had different favorite parts. One student said: “ I loved how there was a lot of freedom in what I could do. I could go to Starbucks or other places, hang out at school, or even go home for a bit if I wanted to. I’ve never been a part of something like this before, and it was a ton of fun!” Another student added: “My favorite part of

Middle school students at the pep rally. (Leah Vaz ’27)

Homecoming was getting to know my friends better through hanging out with them outside of school.” Lastly, Amy De Winter ‘27 said:  “My favorite part of Homecoming was seeing the Montrose community come together and have tons of fun, whether it was on the dance floor or the sports games.” The night ended with everyone dancing to “Cotton Eye Joe.” This year’s Homecoming was a very memorable experience, and I can’t wait to see all of the fun things that will happen at Homecoming next year.  

Leah Vaz ‘27 and Anna Kocho ‘27, Staff Writers

27lvaz@montroseschool.org

27akocho@montroseschool.org

Seventh graders at the pep rally. (Amy De Winter ’27)