Introducing Montrose’s New Multicultural Club

2020 has no doubt been a crazy year so far. With World War III rumors, wildfires, a global pandemic, and even murder hornets — this year has truly been like a movie. Amidst the pandemic, awareness for racial inequality has been spreading. Protests have been shaking not only US cities, but countries across the entire world. This raises the question — what can I do to help this cause? It can be difficult to find a way to participate, especially since we are still in the middle of a pandemic. 

One way to help, although it may not seem like much, is to educate yourself about racial issues and to appreciate the importance of having different cultures in our communities. The new Montrose Multicultural Club is here to assist. The mission of the Montrose Multicultural Club is to provide mutual support to students of minority racial and ethnic cultures while sponsoring activities to help the community grow in understanding and appreciation for the diverse family cultures within our community and in our country. This club is open for rising 8th-12th grade students at Montrose. 

The first meeting will be this Friday, June 26th from 12 to 1 PM. One of our first events for the whole school will be a discussion of the movie: Just Mercy on later in the summer – stay tuned for more information.. This movie can be found at https://www.justmercyfilm.com/ and is free until the end of the month. The Looking Glass is so excited and we hope to see you there! If you have any questions, email Daniella Iffih ‘23 (23diffih@montroseschool.org), Erica Brown ‘22 (22ebrown@montroseschool.org), Mrs. Whitlock (bwhitlock@montroseschool.org), or Ms. Thordarson (bthordarson@montroseschool.org).

If you are interested in becoming a member of the Montrose Multicultural Club, please click here and fill out the google form.

Erica Brown ‘22, Co-Assistant Editor-in-Chief

22ebrown@montroseschool.org