Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Anna Sheehan '21, Clubs and Classes Editor

At Montrose, there are many clubs and activities you can be a part of, and on Wednesday, October 3rd, Montrose will hold the Activity Fair during Common Homeroom. If you’re looking for other extracurriculars, there’s much more! Take a look at this list of extracurriculars for Middle and Upper School students. If you don’t see an activity you want to do, start a new club! Make your mark on the Montrose community.

*indicates that both Middle and Upper School students can participate

Admissions Ambassadors Recruit new students by assisting at admissions events such as Open Houses. New students encouraged to help. Contact: Mrs. Melley.

Astronomy Club Discover the cosmos with post-sunset telescope observations. Contact: Ms. Thordarson.

Babysitting Course (MS) Learn how to be a pro babysitter and earn certification. Contact: Mrs. Howard.

Drama: Middle School Musical and All-School Musical (MS) Look out for audition announcement in the winter. Support the Middle School Musical players at their performances this fall.

Junior Classical League (JCL) Mythology and more, play games and compete with your knowledge of Greek & Latin mythology or the Latin language. Contact: Mrs. Demirjian and Sarah Ling ‘20.

Junior Faith Peer Leaders (MS) Contribute to faith life at Montrose, assisting the upper schoolers with setting up the chapel and participating in faith-based projects. Contact: Anna Bachiochi ‘20.

Lectors Add your voice to the Mass celebration by reading the liturgy. Contact: Abigail Finnerty ‘19.

Cantors Add your voice to the Mass celebration by leading the hymns. Contact Mrs. Keefe.

The Looking Glass Newspaper Contribute to the newspaper and learn how to write amazing and helpful articles— like this one! Contact: Mrs. Whitlock and Mariel Rosati ‘19.

Set Design Club Elevate the Montrose stage by painting sets for the drama productions. Contact: Abby McAvoy ‘19.

Ski Club Hop on the bus for ski trips at a local slope in the winter.

To Any Soldier (Soldier Support) Give back to America’s armed forces through service activities at Montrose. Contact: Maevis Fahey ‘21.

Thomas Upham House welcomes Montrosians on Thursday afternoons to talk and do crafts to cheer up the elderly residents. The House is a short walk from school. Contact: Krystal Wu ’19 or Zihan Sun ’19.

Speech Team Prove a point or tell a tale in tournaments at high schools in the area. Contact: Nora Cahill ‘19 and Anna Sheehan ‘21.

BioBuilders (US) Create real-world biological inventions with fellow club members. Contact: Emily Bowman ‘19, Lia Daher ‘19 or Julia Convery ‘19

Contemplatives in Action (US) Join service trips to local organizations and lead drives at school to support charity causes. Contact: Nora Cahill ‘19

Drama Upper School Play and All-School Musical (US). Look out for audition announcements in the late fall and winter.

Faith Peer Leaders (US) Contribute to faith life at Montrose, setting up the chapel and participating in faith-based projects. Contact: Anna Bachiochi ‘20.

Handbell Choir (US) Ring the joyful sound of bells in this musical group. Contact: Mrs. Demirjian.

Model UN (US) Debate and discuss current events among Montrose teammates and students from other schools. Contact: Caroline Churney ‘19.

Mustard Seed (US) Give your time volunteering at Vinebrook or join the annual trip to a nation in need.

National Honor Society (NHS) (US) Enter this club if you want to lead academic or service projects in the school, including tutoring of younger students. Contact: Mrs. Derendorf or Jenna McCarthy ‘19 or Caroline Churney ‘19

Respect Life Club (US) Fight for the pro-life cause with on- and off-campus events. Contact: Mrs Rose.

SADD Club (Students Against Destructive Decisions) (US) Participate in discussions of current issues and promote healthy living with events throughout the year. Contact: Julia Philips ‘19, Julia McKenzie ‘19, and Anna Noon ‘19.

Yearbook (US) Preserve the many memories at Montrose in the student-made keepsake yearbook.

Look out for these activities which you can join at the end of the year:

• Upper school acapella: Treblemakers
  • Middle School acapella: Clef Hangers
  • Student Government

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Clubs & Classes

Montose Launches Christmas with Decorating Day

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Clubs & Classes

Becoming a Speechie: My First Speech Tournament, of Many

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Clubs & Classes

Montrose Takes On Xaverian at Model UN Conference

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Save that Book! — Class of ’23 Shares their Favorite Literature

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Montrose Graduation 2018: Filled with Touching Tributes & Rousing Speeches (Reprinted)

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Middle School Field Trips: Museum of Fine Arts & Isabella Stewart Gardner

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Montrosians Excel at Laureate and Achievement Award Ceremonies

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Clubs & Classes

Red Team Triumphs in 2018 Field Day: Breaks White Team’s 5-year Win Streak

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Clubs & Classes

Auction Prize: 6th Grade Rock-on with AD Ruggieri

• Embrace MavNation and Join a Club

Clubs & Classes

Senators-in-Training: Class of 2019 Visits Edward Kennedy Institute for the Senate

The Student Newspaper for Montrose School.
Embrace MavNation and Join a Club