Thank You Seniors: Track and Field

As the outdoor Track and Field team wraps up another amazing season, we recognize our two seniors on the team: Lucy Bachiochi and Gwyneth Morrissey. 

Lucy, a captain for her senior year, has done track for many years and has been a valuable member of the team throughout middle school and high school. When Lucy first joined the track team, she was unsure of what events to do. She tried throwing and some long-distance running until she eventually found her ultimate strength: sprinting. “I knew that when she decided to become a sprinter, it was truly the right place for her,” head coach Jill Kerr said. “I have loved seeing Lucy become a strong leader and role model for track.” 

As of right now, Lucy runs the one-hundred meter, two-hundred meter, and the four-by- one-hundred relay. Lucy also consistently scores in the top five for the one-hundred meter dash and greatly contributes as our first leg for the four-by-one. Lucy’s strong determination, dedication, and team spirit encourages all the other girls on the track team to follow in her footsteps on and off the track. Thank you Lucy for being a committed captain, teammate, and friend to us all. We will miss you! 

Gwyn, an encouraging, generous and downright hilarious member of the track team, always brings a positive attitude to practice and meets. Gwyn joined track sophomore year and pursued the throwing events: specifically, shotput and discus. As a senior, Gwyn found that track was a good way to focus on something other than school. “Track was a good break and outlet with everything else going on. It helped me maintain balance in my life.” 

Gwyn also noted something very special about cheering. She mentioned: “Cheering our teammates and the other school’s throwers on during track meets is one of my favorite things because it makes people smile and cheer for each other, too.” Gwyn has also found that she has made connections with other grades that she wouldn’t have made without track. “I wouldn’t have known them otherwise,” she said, “but I became friends with them on the team and it was such a great experience.” Gwyn’s tenacious optimism encourages all the other girls on the track team to also spread encouragement, even when events may be hard. Gwyn, we will miss you so much next year! 

By Kate Regan ‘25, Contributing Writer

25kregan@montroseschool.org