Montrose Softball Celebrates Their Seniors

Varsity+and+JV+softball+pose+for+a+photo+after+the+senior+game.+

Mrs. Boynton

Varsity and JV softball pose for a photo after the senior game.

This season, varsity softball has remained undefeated in the Independent Girls Conference (IGC). On Wednesday May 11, softball honored their two senior captains, Bella Convery ’22 and Maddy Marshall ’22. In support of the seniors in their second to last home game of the season, the girls fashioned the senior’s initials on their faces. The juniors made cards for Bella and Maddy, and a junior parent made posters for the seniors. The McCarthy field fence was decorated with the posters, along with red and white balloons and streamers. They played Boston Trinity Academy (BTA), and won 5-4. Bella and Maddy lead the team to their first IGC championship in the history of Montrose softball this year. Audrey Kelly ’23 stated: “They both helped me grow a lot when I first started softball as a sophomore. They’re both super nice as well!” 

Bella Convery poses with her sign and card celebrating her seasons of hard work and lots of fun. (Mrs. Boynton)

Bella joined the softball team in her 8th grade year, the first year the program was running. She has been the captain of the team for the last three years. Bella plays second base, excelling in every game. She always makes sure the team has energy and spirit, cheering on her teammates all the time. Juliana Lennon ’25 commented: “Whenever you make a mistake, Bella is the first one to encourage you to brush it off and keep going.” Bella has great skill, and will be missed deeply next year. 

Maddy Marshall poses with the sign made by her teammates to celebrate her at the senior game. (Mrs. Boynton)

Maddy also joined the softball team in her 8th grade year, when the team was first formed. This is her first year as a captain. Maddy plays third base and never ceases to amaze everyone with her skills. She always tries her hardest and encourages the team to do so as well. When asked her favorite thing about Maddy, Erin Kampersal ’25 noted: “Definitely her perseverance and responsibility. She always gives 100% and we will miss her so much next year.” Maddy is an asset to the team, who will feel her loss greatly next year. 

Leslie Baker ’24, Clubs and Classes Editor

24lbaker@montroseschool.org