Thank You Soccer Seniors: Wendy Jacobi and Ava Ryan

Adam Richins

Wendy Jacobi ‘23 and Ava Ryan ‘23 pose for a photo before a game against Gann Academy

The Varsity Soccer team’s wonderful seniors led the team to a historic season in Montrose sports this year. For the first time ever, Montrose Varsity Soccer won the Class D NEPSAC Championships, and we couldn’t have done it without our seniors. While we only had two seniors, both Wendy and Ava kept the team laughing and striving to give it their best. 

Captain Wendy Jacobi ‘23 has been on the varsity soccer team since freshman year and served for her second year as captain this past season. Wendy has always been a strong leader on the team. She leads by example and always has a funny joke to tell to keep the team smiling. She played center midfield and contributed to many of the team’s goals and assists this past season. She also earned NEPSAC Class D Player of the Year. Wendy will continue her soccer career at Assumption University, and we can’t wait to see her light up the field! Go Greyhounds!

Ava Ryan ‘23 joined the team this year and immediately fit right in. She always had a smile on her face and was willing to play in any position that the coaches asked her to. She had a great attitude during practices and games, and she was always striving to improve and cheer on her teammates. Outside of soccer, Ava was also the Faith editor for the Looking Glass. We will miss Ava so much next year, but we know she will do great things at Catholic University!

We are so grateful for everything Wendy and Ava have contributed to the varsity soccer team. We know they will do amazing things at college, and we hope they come back to visit next year! 

By Cate Lynch ‘24, Assistant Editor-in-Chief

24clynch@montroseschool.org